The University of Cape Coast (UCC) believes that educational exchange opportunities enhance learning, build understanding amongst people of different cultures, and changes lives.
Over the years, the University of Cape Coast has hosted, a large number of students from institutions across the world. Students from countries such as the USA, Germany, Sweden, Turkey, Kenya, Senegal, have participated in this programme.
UCC has earned a great reputation for delivering academic excellence within a supportive learning environment.
Students will have access to Wi-Fi hotspots all over campus, an ultra-modern library complex, a well-resourced hospital, an ICT Centre, expansive counselling system, sports facilities, banking services, restaurants, and many more.
- Contact your home institution's international office to find out if it is a partner with UCC.
- Download the Study Abroad Application Form form to get started. Complete it and send a scanned copy of the form, along with other required documents, through your study abroad coordinator, to us via email (email@example.com) and mail the original copies to:
Office of International Relations
University of Cape Coast
Ghana, West Africa
2021/2022 ACADEMIC YEAR
|EXPECTED ARRIVAL||8th January, 2022|
|ORIENTATION||10th January - 14th January, 2022|
|COURSE REGISTRATION||13th January 2022|
|LECTURES START||17th January, 2022|
|EXAMINATIONS||19th April - 6th May 2022|
|DEPARTURE||7th May, 2022|
|SECOND SEMESTER 2021/2022|
- Download the Arrival Form to submit after receiving your admission documents, visa, and made your flight arrangements. Please communicate with the Office on the expected dates for arrival before making flight arrangements.
- Download the Bio-data Form and submit via email once you are certain of travelling to Ghana to participate in the Exchange Programme. Submission of the form should be done, at least, two weeks to expected date of arrival.
- Download, complete and submit the Pre-arrival Assessment Form before your arrival.
- You can check out available courses here. Note that courses from most schools/faculties are available except courses from the School of Medical Sciences and Faculty of Law.
As an inbound exchange student, your visa is a permit to enter the country at any time during the period it was issued for. On entry into the country, you will be given a number of days at the point of entry to stay, usually 60 days.
You are required by law to extend your permit to stay in the country for an extended period of time after that.
Are you the Study Abroad Coordinator for a partner or non-partner institution, click here to request for our fact sheet
The Officer reserves rooms for all Exchange students.
Currently, all Exchange students are provided housing at the Superannuation Hall of the University. Each room is shared by two occupants with a common kitchen, toilet and bath.
The Hall also has several shops including printing and photocopy shops, hair salon, and convenience stores where students can get snacks, water, and other necessities.
Exchange students could also explore the Homestay option where they get to live with a family for the duration of their stay.
UCC is situated in the historical town of Cape Coast, which was the first capital of the former Gold Coast, now Ghana, until it was moved to Accra in 1877. It is the capital of the Central Region of Ghana and situated along the Atlantic Ocean.
The people of Cape Coast celebrate Fetu Afahye, an annual festival, every first week of September, and it is one of the popular tourist attractions in the country too.
With its rich history and monuments, Cape Coast is a tourist destination with numerous beaches and resorts. It is an amazing experience to visit the Kakum National Rainforest with its famous Canopy Walkway and World Heritage sites such as Cape Coast and Elmina Slave Castles.